Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Eric's Roasted Potatoes

Today is my wonderful amazing fantastic boyfriend's birthday! And although he loves my cooking, we will be enjoying dinner at our favorite Indian restuarant tonight. This blog is dedicated to vegan recipes but I think sometimes it is important to remember that food is not the only factor in being healthy. Part of having a healthy mind and heart is by surrounding yourself with positive people who are uplifting, supportive, and genuine. (I'm not trying to sound gushy, but my boyfriend is definitely all of those things.) So on his birthday, I thought instead of posting his favorite recipe that I make, I'm going to post my favorite recipe that he makes.

When I met him, my boyfriend ate the same thing for dinner every night: chicken and broccoli and rice. And while he is still an omnivore, he is 100% supportive of my choice to be vegan and loves to try the vegan food I make. His skills in the kitchen have expanded since we met and there are a few things he does better than me. 1) Steam veggies. I don't know how, but he has this internal clock that just tells him exactly how long everything needs to be steamed and they are always perfect. I have a tendecy to over steam. 2) Cook rice. Now I can put white rice in a rice cooker and press start, but he is flawless with brown rice and purple rice on the stove, which is something I always mess up. 3) Roasting potatoes. This following recipe is something he adapted over time from who knows where, but they really are the best roasted potatoes I have ever had. I am so lucky to be able to come home to a healing plate of steamed veggies, spinach salad, and these amazing roasted potatoes.


Click Here for the recipe: Eric's Roasted Potatoes!


No comments:

Post a Comment