Monday, February 24, 2014

Pineapple Banana Mint Smoothie

Sometimes simple really is best, especially when I am half asleep in the morning. Most mornings, if I manage to wake myself up enough to use the blender, I have a green smoothie. I love green smoothies. They are full of protein, fiber, calcium, and lots of other vitamins. But occasionally it's nice just to have something sweet. This smoothie may not be packed full of protein, but it is full of potassium, vitamin C (from the pineapple and the mint), and is good for digestive health. Not to mention, it hapens to be sweet and delicious.



Pineapple Banana Mint Smoothie

Ingredients

1 Banana
1/2 Cup of Pineapple Juice
5 Fresh Mint Leaves

Directions

1. Wash mint thoroughly, especially if organic. 

2. Combine all ingredients in a blender. Make sure to add the juice first, this way the blades are free to spin.

3. Blend until smooth and enjoy!   

No comments:

Post a Comment